October 7, 2019
ONLINE: $797 + GST starts October 2019
Interpreting in Healthcare Settings can be an emotionally challenging, but rewarding, context for interpreters. This course, is a second level program that provides fundamental skills to allow interpreters to work in healthcare settings confidently. This course covers medical and healthcare terminology, the role of the interpreter in healthcare settings, the health care system, cultural differences in health and wellness, and much more.
This course is now being offered online via remote classroom learning. The classes run Monday and Wednesday evenings - 6:00pm - 9:00pm PST.
Course Title: Interpreting in Healthcare Settings
Length: 50 hours - Interpreting in Community Settings is a prerequisite
- The role of the Healthcare Interpreter
- Medical and healthcare terminology
- Overview of the Canadian/BC health care system and infrastructure
- Introduction to the roles and functions of healthcare practitioners and personnel
- Management of the interpreting session
- Models of health and well-being
- Inter-cultural and inter-personal communication skills Student Manual Included