At Shifting Pictures Inc. (including The Interpreter’s Lab courses and programs) we respect your privacy and will never sell or share your information. If you subscribe to our mailing list, it will only be used to communicate information about our services, courses and programs that may benefit you, and provide you with industry updates and news. You can unsubscribe at any time.
mailing address, phone number, languages spoken or other details to help you with your experience. When do we collect information? We collect information from you when you subscribe to our updates or blog or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our blog, respond to a survey or communications, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To allow us to better service you in your educational and career development needs.
• To send periodic emails or newsletters regarding the courses or programs you have purchased or participated in, or other products and services that may of service to you.
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but may use google analytics for tracking visitors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process requests and to send information and updates pertaining to your student or client file.
• Send you additional information related to your courses, programs and services.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our students and clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Shifting Pictures Inc.
1424 Commercial Drive, PO Box 21628
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V5L 3X0