Tuesday and Thursday evenings - 5:30 - 8:30 pm
ONLINE & ONSITE $697 + GST
Working as a community interpreter is a dynamic and exciting career. Interpreting is a highly specialized profession that requires strong interpersonal and language skills - in addition to critical knowledge and ability.
This lively, intensive short-course program covers core skills and competencies required of interpreters and provides a good overview for new interpreters.
This course will prepare you to work in a range of settings and government offices, and will also prepare you to take the CTTIC exam to become a Certified Community Interpreter.
Course Title: Interpreting in Community Settings
Length: 35 hours - 15 hours of live instruction, plus an additional 20 hours of online, self-directed course materials.
- The Role of the Community Interpreter
- Critical Skills for Interpreters – memory, note-taking and listening
- Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Interpreting Settings and Protocols
- The Interpreting Marketplace - How to get contracts
- Interactive role – plays, case studies and lectures
- Resources and Links
- Student Manual included
Students that successfully complete this program will receive a Certificate of Completion